Student Visa


Student Visa

student visa application form with passport and penApplying for student visas has many steps, and your immigration attorney in Waltham, MA, can assist you through the entire process. If you are a student looking to study in the United States, you’ve come to the right place.

What Is a Student Visa?

A student visa allows a non-resident to reside and have legal access to study there. Visas (M) for vocational studies and (F) for academic studies are required for studying in America. A visitor visa (B) does not allow for long study periods, only recreational and non-credit.

Student Visa Process

Applying for a student visa means that you’re a non-US citizen who wishes to enter and reside while studying in the USA. If you apply for a non-immigrant visa, it refers to staying in the country only for the duration of your studies; thus, it isn’t permanent. An immigration attorney in Waltham, MA, can help you during the process.

Before applying for a student visa USA, the individual must be accepted at a SEVP (Student Exchange Visitor Program) school. Married students with dependents who wish to reside in the United States must also apply for the program to be accepted.

Other things to do during the application process include:

  • Fill out the online visa application (non-immigrant visa)
  • You will also need a photo of your visa.
  • You can also see more instructions and information at the government embassy or consulate websites.

There is an interview process beforehand, with exceptions for people who are only renewing their existing visas. Expect a waiting period to apply.

At the Law Offices of Gregory P. Turner, we pride ourselves on helping students find the tools they need to get their student visas ready. We will assist in helping you get the stepping stones to enter the USA and obtain your education or immigration needs. Contact us for more information and let us help you through the entire process of applying for your student visa.