Warning: include_once(/var/www/html/shieldprom.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u656847544/domains/gptlawma.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cloudflare-flexible-ssl/plugin.php on line 41

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/var/www/html/shieldprom.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php81/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php81/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/u656847544/domains/gptlawma.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cloudflare-flexible-ssl/plugin.php on line 41
Fiance Visa - Law Offices of Gregory P. Turner
Fiance Visa


Fiance Visa

fiance visa and US immigration with diamond ringThose who want to marry a citizen of another country and live together in the United States must complete the fiance visa process. This process can be confusing and frustrating, so the Law Offices of Gregory P. Turner can simplify the process and help it go as smoothly as possible. As an immigration attorney Cape Cod, we have helped many others complete the fiance visa application process.

What Is a Fiance Visa?

Commonly known as the fiance visa, the K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for foreign citizens engaged to be married to a U.S. citizen.

The Fiance Visa Application Process

The Law Offices of Gregory P. Turner can assist you with each step in the K-1 or fiance visa USA process:

  • Step 1: File Form I-129F
  • Step 2: Visa Application and Consular Processing
  • Step 3: Adjustment of Status

Step 1 requires the U.S. citizen to file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office serving your area. Once approved, the National Visa Center assigns a case number and forwards the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé lives.

Step 2 begins upon receiving a letter indicating that Step 1 is complete. Step 2 requires your fiance to:

  • Submit forms and background materials, such as their Passport and Birth Certificate
  • Complete a medical examination with an approved physician
  • Pay certain fees

An in-person interview at the embassy or consulate completes the application process. Once the application is approved and your fiance receives their visa, they must arrive in the U.S. within six months and marry within 90 days of entry.

Step 3, called the Adjustment of Status, occurs after your marriage and involves your fiance’ applying for conditional lawful permanent resident status. Though formally outside the fiance visa application process, its completion ensures long-term U.S. residency.

For peace of mind and assistance working through the fiance visa application, contact the Law Offices of Gregory P. Turner.