How a Lawyer Can Help Draft a Family-Based Immigration Petition


How a Lawyer Can Help Draft a Family-Based Immigration Petition

family immigrationSponsoring a relative to come to the United States makes it easy to reunite a family and to be able to live together as you previously did. However, before your relative can join you here, they must have an approved visa that will allow them to stay in the U.S. Just as with any other immigration visa, there is a process that involves submitting a petition to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to initiate the necessary steps. There are forms and supporting evidence that go along with each petition, and most people are unaware of how to begin applying to sponsor a relative. Waltham MA immigration lawyers take care of all steps of this process and will inform you of the information you need to provide for this case.

Legal Representation and Sponsoring A Relative

There are a number of reasons why it is imperative to get an attorney when you are ready to sponsor a relative. At the Law Offices of Gregory P. Turner, we give legal assistance with the Petition for Alien Relative (I-130) which starts the process. This requires the completion of forms and submitting them with corresponding supporting documents. After this, the government may request more information, but an attorney can respond to this request on your behalf. Finally, Waltham MA immigration lawyers can let you know when your application is able to move to the stage of applying for a green card, which gives your relative permanent residency.

In addition to knowing the law, attorneys stay abreast of the many changes in immigration, especially with the current political climate. This knowledge will equip them with what is necessary to inform you of and how your case should proceed.

If you want to learn more about sponsoring a relative, contact the Law Offices of Gregory P. Turner. We will schedule a consultation to answer your questions.